Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday

It's Monday. My third cup of coffee for the morning is sitting in front of my as I type. The kids are watching their 6th eipsode of Dora the Explorer for the day, which I justify by claiming they are learning Spanish. Ha.

I actually put on make-up today to hide the dark under eye circles. I'm also wearing earrings. Another thing that rarely happens. The attitude of "why bother" is something I'm trying to change. I am home with the kids all day and rarely go out to more than Publix but it is nice to feel all put together.


Yes, I am actually that pale. No, I am not a vampire. Although rare steak is tasty...

So, this weekend was actually productive. In the personal crafty sense, not the "cleaning out the room in preparation for the in law visit in one week" sense. Trying not to think about that. Anyway, I caught up on Etsy updating, uploaded pics from the camera, painted the girl's fingernails, made coconut candy, knit, and watched way too much White Collar. Oh yeah, also read a couple books. See? Fun productivity.


These are dark chocolate covered coconut candy. They may not look pretty, but boy do they taste awesome! Isobel and I whipped them up and were enjoying them in less than 30 minutes. Fortunately I had everything in the pantry and didn't even need to leave the air conditioning! Score!

Dark Chocolate Coconut Candy (homemade Mounds)

2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (or, if you are like me and cannot consume dairy use a splash of dairy free milk and 1/4 cup light corn syrup)

Stir together until combined. Sample to ensure it wasn't poisoned. Sample again just to be sure...
Using a small cookie dough baller scoop the coconut onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Chill while you make the chocolate.

2 cups dark chocolate chips
2 TBS shortening

Melt together in a small pot over low heat until smooth. Take off heat. Using a fork, drop the coconut balls into the chocolate to cover then place back onto the waxed paper until all are done. Freeze 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!

If any instructions don't make sense, I blame Monday. Too much coffee makes my hands shake.

Off to BJs. This morning depleted my coffee stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment