Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lawn Mowing

I mowed my back yard today. I've never mowed a lawn before. It was exciting. Mostly because the jungle that had moved into my yard while my hubby has been sick was cut back. If I could find batteries for the camera I'd have taken a picture to show you. Sadly, all batteries have been stolen by Borrowers. Look at your knees and imagine the grass and weeds brushing up against them. That was my back yard. Tempe wasn't allowed to play outside in case we lost her...

Just kidding...sort of...

So I think my skin is permanently dyed green. After I refill the gas can and finish mowing the last strip of yard I may look like the Wicked Witch of the West... Why was she green, by the way? (only asking about the original story) Was she even green in the original Baum book? Or was that an MGM addition like the ruby slippers...hmm...

I have an actual post coming up--hopefully tomorrow or the next day. It's been difficult to write. It has been a week of sadness...many tears have been shed. But I am feeling better. Thanks to all my friends to have hugged me and listened to me...I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment