Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Kids

My kids make me laugh.

They say the darndest things.

This morning their father and I went through a few boxes in the storage room. They were full of junk. High school yearbooks (yikes, I looked so geeky...in a bad way), Adventures in Odyssey tapes, signed posters for bands I was obsessed with in high school, a Civil War nurse Barbie, etc. Junk.

We did find my Aragorn (from Lord of the Rings. If you didn't know this, I'm sad) action figure. He's about a foot tall. He has a giant plastic sword. Isobel inheirited him. To say she's thrilled is an understatement. Tempe was given the Barbie. This is an example of their play conversations. Yes, I am quoting exactly. Sadly I didn't get any of this on film.

Isobel (to Tempe and Clara the Barbie): Hi, I'm Aragorn. I'm awesome cause I have a giant sword."

Tempe (to Clara the Barbie): Pretty dress!!

Isobel: So, how about you and I get married?

Tempe: EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (exit scene)

Isobel: *Sigh* I guess I'll go kill some bad guys now. Mom, what kind of bad guys does Aragorn kill? (insert my brief explanation) Oh...I don't have Orncs. Can Aragorn kill dragons? I have a baby dragon. Let's go kill the baby dragon, Aragorn.

They also rode together on the pony Grandma brought from NYC. It's huge. Bel's feet don't touch the ground when she's sitting on it. Aiya.

Isobel's "We killed the Bad Guys" face. Aragorn is victorious. He died shortly after apparently. Arrows to the chest.
And my pic is sideways again. How do I fix this problem?!?!

So. I really don't have anything else to say. My husband is sick with pnuemonia. Between taking care of him and the kids I haven't done anything worthy of blogging about. I knit. And watch Murder, She Wrote. And eat way too much homemade ice cream. Oh, and I made "brownie in a mug." Have you ever done this? It's not the best brownie I've ever eaten (since I don't love brownies it doesn't matter), but for only taking 2 minutes it was great!

Mix together in a coffee mug: 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, pinch of salt, 2 1/2 TBS cocoa powder, 2 TBS oil, 3 TBS water. Microwave 90 seconds. Eat. I topped mine with homemade peach ice cream. Tasty. The brownie recipe link is here.

Now I must go back to taking care of the family. Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing my friend tonight for White Collar. Tuesdays are awesome.

1 comment: