Friday, November 2, 2012

The Power of a Hug

Rough start to the day. Long hours of wakefulness last night. One tea bag (of the good stuff anyway) left in the house this morning. One man running late. One daughter losing her school things every morning for the last two weeks. And the other daughter crying about the cold and having the leave the house.

(If you are cold, wear shoes. Don't go outside on a 37 degree morning barefoot and expect to be warm. Three year olds...just had to point that out)

Saying I was a little grumpy is an understatement.

But I came home. Made myself that last tea bag (it was lonely by itself!) and sat. Thinking. Pondering. Praying. Confessing. Too many mornings I am tired and stressed out getting people ready and out the door. I shout the words "HURRY UP!" too much. I get grumpy when no one follows my schedule.

I sat and drank tea and felt badly for how I respond to situations. And then I hear the pitter-patter of Tempe feet running through the house. A sweet little voice asks, "Mommy, I want to give you a hug." And she does. A beautiful demonstration of God providing me with exactly what I needed when I needed it.

Hugs are important. Everyone should be hugged more.

In fact, there is a recent birthday girl who needs one right now.

Good-bye. Hug someone special today. You don't always know when someone could use the love and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment